- 3 pounds small red-skinned new potatoes, unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 25 minutes. Drain; cool. Cut potatoes into quarters. Transfer to large bowl; add vinegar and toss to coat. Mix in celery and peas.
Whisk mayonnaise, 5 tablespoons chives, mustard, garlic, and cayenne pepper in small bowl to blend. Add to potato mixture and toss. Season generously with salt and pepper. Cover and chill at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.) Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon chives and serve.